Chat-Thread 4: Barnes&Noble-Chat mit J.K. Rowling (20.10.2000) - SciFi-Forum

Ankündigung

Einklappen
Keine Ankündigung bisher.

Chat-Thread 4: Barnes&Noble-Chat mit J.K. Rowling (20.10.2000)

Einklappen
X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

Chat-Thread 4: Barnes&Noble-Chat mit J.K. Rowling (20.10.2000)

Hogwarts präsentiert stolz den vierten Thread, der eine Zusammenfassung eines Chatprotokolls eines Chats mit J.K. Rowling, der Autorin von "Harry Potter", beinhaltet.

Zur Infor hier die Links zu den ersten drei Chat-Threads:
    1. Chat vom 03.02.00
    2. Chat vom 16.10.00
    3. Chat vom 17.10.00

Besonders (IMHO) interessante Infos werde ich wieder einmal fett schreiben.

Der in diesem Thread in Auszügen wiedergegebene Chat fand am 20.10.2000 statt (Veranstalter: Barnes&Noble) - also ein paar Monate nach Erscheinen von "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire".

Und wieder gilt: Dieser Chat enthält Informationen aus den Büchern 1-4 - und möglicherweise noch mehr! Daher: SPOILERALARM!

Viel Spaß!

"What are your plans after you have finished the Harry Potter series? Are you considering writing a sequel series with Harry's own children or other characters we have met?"

JR: "Harry's own children? Are you sure he's going to survive to have children?!"
    Jepp - I´m sure...

"What did your daughter, Jessica, think of the fourth book? Was it too much for her to take?"

JR: "My daughter loved the fourth book. She wasn't scared at all. As long as Harry was okay, she didn't seem to care."
    "Greetings from California! How did you feel the first time you saw your book on sale? How have things changed with your success?"

JR: "The first time I saw my book on sale was better than receiving any literary award! I wanted to sneak it off the shelf and sign it, but I was worried I'd be told off for ruining the books, so I didn't."
    Das würde sich heute keiner mehr trauen... Ganz im Gegenteil...

"What would you see in the Mirror of Erised?"

JR: "I would probably see my mother, who died in 1990. So, the same as Harry!"
    "Does Hagrid get a wife?"

JR: "Does Hagrid get a wife? You think anyone would want to live with a man who breeds Blast-Ended Skrewts?"
    Hmmm - heißt das nun nein, ja oder vielleicht?

"Is it true that you had nine rejection letters for your first Harry Potter novel? What advice would you offer to new novelists working to get their first manuscripts published?"

JR: I'm not sure there were nine rejection letters, but there were a few. I would say, "Persevere." If everyone's turned you down, then it's time to try writing something else...and if that doesn't succeed it might be time to think about a different career. But some great writers had lots of books rejected before they got published, so don't lose heart.
    "I really enjoy the humor in the books, especially with the Dursleys. Are the Dursleys based on anyone you personally know?"

JR: "Hee hee hee...I wouldn't tell you if they were...I don't want to be sued!"
    *bg*

"I meant to watch Today this morning, but I heard from a friend that you revealed a bit of information. Could you share it with us?"

JR: "I can share it with you. A very cute eight-year-old boy asked me for the title of book five, and I couldn't resist those big brown eyes. The title is Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. So now you know!"
    Okok - ist jetzt nicht mehr wirklich neu, diese Info - aber immerhin wissen wir jetzt, wann sie wie bekannt wurde...

"How much input did you have on the marketing of Goblet of Fire? The marketing campaign has drawn at least as much media attention as the book itself. Thanks, love the series."

JR: "Well, I didn't really have any input. I just asked my publishers not to give too much away, because book four was the culmination of ten years' work for me. If the ending had been given away, it would have ruined a lot of people's pleasure."
    [b]"You've hinted a little that you might kill Harry! Please say something to put my mind at ease."

JR: "Hmmmm.... Well, I think I'll leave you in suspense. Sorry!"
    Nene - Harry stirbt nicht - nie und nimmer...

"Is it true that you've already finished the end chapter for all your future books?"

JR: "I've written the final chapter of book seven, which was really an act of faith -- I was saying to myself, "You will get here!" It will probably need rewriting when I reach it, though."
    "I've heard about the two charity books that will be released in March 2001. Are these the types of schoolbooks that are referenced in the normal series books?"

JR: "Yes, I've written two of the titles Harry reads in the first novel: Quidditch Through the Ages and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. All proceeds will go to Comic Relief U.K., which is a great charity that mainly supports projects in Africa (famine relief and so on)."

"Is Hogwarts ever going to get a "Defense Against the Dark Arts" teacher who lasts for more than one book?"

JR: "Erm...maybe. Don't want to give too much away there!"
    "Is it true that Harry and Draco will have to get together and fight evil?"

JR: "Don't believe everything you read on the Net! I saw that rumor too, but it is just a rumor."
    Ich bin mir jetzt nicht sicher, ob sich Andromeda über diese Neuigkeit freut oder ärgert...

"Is Hogwarts a complete fictional creation, or is it based upon a place you've experienced?"

JR: "It's completely fictional, but I feel like I live there a lot of the time."
    "The fourth book was very different from the other three, in format and action. What prompted the change?"

JR: "I'm not sure that it was so different. There was no conscious change. The plot is becoming more complex, certainly, but that was always the plan."
    "There is a girl named Susan Bones who was sorted in the first book, and there was a family called the Bones that Voldemort tried to destroy. Is this a coincidence, or will Harry meet her in future books?"

JR: "Susan Bones's grandparents were killed by Voldemort!"

"Everything that happens has a meaning, sometimes in a later book. Do you have everything planned out in your head, or do you tie things in as you go?"

JR: "Yes, it's all planned out, but I still give myself room to have some fun if a good idea arrives while I'm writing."
    "I am a 30-year-old woman who fell in love with your books this summer. I believe they contain some real-life lessons for adults as well as children. What do you say to the critics who think that the books deal with the "dark side"?"

JR: "Thank you very much for the kind words! To the critics I say, "Get out more!" Either they haven't read the books properly or they can't read at all."
    "Is it just me, or was something going on between Ron and Hermione during the last half of Goblet of Fire? I love your books, by the way, and two of them I've read straight through cover to cover in under 24 hours.

JR: Well done on the reading speed! Yes, something's "going on," but Ron doesn't realize it yet. Typical boy."
    Na, wenn das kein HINWEIS ist...

Wobei mir Harry + Hermine doch irgendwie lieber gewesen wäre - aber nicht, daß ich´s Ron nicht gönne...

"Do you have any news that you can tell us about the next books? Why did you postpone the publishing of the fifth book, and is the sixth going to be published on time?"

JR: "Nothing has been postponed. The publication of book five was never planned for July. There is no deadline for the book. It will be ready when it's ready!"
    "As part of an ongoing project we're conducting at Barnes & Noble.com, I'd like to ask what are your favorite books, and why."

JR: "Anything written by Jane Austen or Roddy Doyle. I love Nabokov and Colette, too. Children's books -- E. Nesbit, Paul Gallico."
    "Hello, Ms Rowling. Just a little question: What's to become of poor old Percy? Will he side with Fudge or with his family?"

JR: "Good question! You'll find out in book five!"
    "Are you considering starting a series about any of the other characters at Hogwarts?"

JR: "No, I think when I've finished the seven Harry Potter books I will be finished with the world. It will make me very sad to say goodbye, but it must be done!"
    Abwarten, würde ich sagen - abwarten!

"Does Harry know that he is protected as long as he lives with his family?"

JR: "He sort of knows now, but he won't know the whole truth about that for a little while."
    "Why would you use most of the names in the book written in Latin?"

JR: "I like to think that the wizards use this dead language as a living language, and it also gives readers a chance to work out clues along the way!"
    "Why does Professor Dumbledore allow Professor Snape to be so nasty to the students (especially to Harry, Hermione, and Neville)?"

JR: "Dumbledore believes there are all sorts of lessons in life; horrible teachers like Snape are one of them!"
    "Is your daughter now old enough for you to read the books to her? If yes, is she enjoying them?"

JR: "Yes, she has now read all four books. She loves them, which makes my job loads easier. She is nagging me for book five already, you will be pleased to hear: "Get in your office and write!" "
    *g* Gut so...

"What house was Hagrid in?"

JR: "Hagrid was in Gryffindor, naturally!"
    "Where do you come up with the words that you use, the names of the classes and spells and games, etc.? For example, the Patronus Expectumous, was it?"

JR: "Expecto Patronum -- you were close! That's Latin. Go and look it up -- a little investigation is good for a person! Mostly I invent spells, but some of them have particular meanings. Like "avada kedavra" -- I bet someone out there knows what that means."
    "Does Arabella Figg have an important role in the later books?"

JR: "You'll be seeing Mrs. Figg in book five, and you'll find out all about her."
    !!!

"It's not fair! I know of a school that has Harry Potter as a literature book! We get stuck with Anne of Green Gables!!!

JR: [laughs] "What's wrong with Anne of Green Gables?! I suppose she is a bit perky. Well, at least you don't have to read the Harry books, they can just be for fun. Probably the best way to enjoy a book."
    "Who is the head of Ravenclaw? Professor Sinistra perhaps?"

JR: "No, the head of Ravenclaw is good old Professor Flitwick!"
    "Is there really a new character named Icicle in your next book?"

JR: "Where are you people getting this stuff?! No, nobody called icicle, I promise."
    *g* Klingt eher wie ein Superheld... "Captain Icicle"...

"At the back of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets you have letters from people. How do you decide whose letters to put in?"

JR: "My U.K. publisher selected those letters. Friends of mine asked whether I wrote them all left-handed, but I promise I didn't."
    "Is Sirius Black ever going to be cleared?"

JR: "Can't tell you, that's too important a bit of information!"
    "What do you think would be your favorite candy from Honeydukes? I think mine would be the sherbet balls that Ron likes."

JR: "If you buy Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them you will find out an ingredient of those sherbert balls, and you might not want to eat them quite so much! I'd definitely want chocolate frogs. I'd like to collect the cards."
    Ja, die mag ich auch...

"Do you like to type your books or write freehand and have someone transcribe later?"

JR: "I write the books longhand, and then I type them onto my laptop myself. That's how I do my first edit. Nobody else is allowed to type my books -- because I'm a very secretive writer!"
    "The first four books have been getting longer, but number four was huge! Is number five likely to be shorter than number four?"

JR: "Yes, five is going to be shorter than four. I always knew four would be the longest, but even I didn't expect it to be that long."
    And I do not expect book five to be much shorter than number four...

"I was wondering about Dumbledore's facial expression in Goblet when he found out that Voldemort had touched Harry. The narrative says that Dumbledore reacted with a look of triumph. Aside from the problem of interpreting triumph on someone's face, I was wondering if that is an attempt to throw question on Dumbledore's character, or is he triumphant, perhaps, that Harry can be touched by Lord Voldemort without being destroyed (or something like that)?

JR: "I frequently look triumphant, I'll have you know. Well, I'm sure you won't be surprised that I'm not going to explain why Dumbledore looked that way. Well-spotted though."
    "Will you be in the movie, like as an extra or something?"

JR: "Noooo...I hate looking at myself onscreen. Maybe I could be a Dementor and hide under a cloak, but I'm not tall enough."
    "Will Ron ever get a girlfriend?"

JR: "I'm laughing again.... Why wouldn't he?! Though he's not doing too well at the moment, is he? But then, Fleur Delacour was really aiming a bit high."
    "The character of Professor Snape fascinates me. Will you reveal his back story further in the next Harry Potter book?"

JR: "You will find out more about Snape in future books. Keep an eye on him!"

"Is the real Moody ever going to be in the books? And is he as cool as the impostor Moody?"

JR: "The real Moody is even cooler! Yes, Harry will see him again."
    Cool...

"Hello. I was just wondering how the artist who draws the book covers in the series gets the image of Harry Potter? Did you design him yourself?"

JR: "No, I didn't have any input on that. Mary Grandpre simply read the books and interpreted them herself."
    "Did Harry ever use magic on Dudley in the real world?"

JR: "Not so far (hint)."
    "How do you feel about Stephen King saying that your books helped him during the darkest times after his accident?"

JR: "I was very, very flattered."
    "Ms. Rowling, are you aware that more adults read the books than children? If so, might there not be a place for a series on an adult Harry Potter following the seventh book?"

JR: "I'm not sure whether it's true that more adults read the books than children. But in any case, I think I should stop before we get to Harry Potter and the Mid-Life Crisis!"
    "How long did it take you to write Harry Potter?"

JR: "Between having the idea for Harry and the first book being published was five years. But during that time I was also doing day jobs and planning the whole series. So I'm not as lazy as that might make me sound!"
    "Have you written any books that were published before this series?"

JR: "No, nothing was published, but I did write a lot. Harry was the first thing I tried to get published. The others really weren't very good -- nobody's missed anything!"
    "Thanks for joining us, J. K. Rowling! It's been our pleasure having you. Any parting thoughts for the online audience?"

JR: "I've enjoyed it. Thanks!"
    Tjo - das war´s für dieses mal...

Viele Grüße,
    Data
    "Noch nie hat ein X irgendwo, irgendwann einen bedeutenden Punkt markiert...."

"Das X markiert den Punkt...!"

Puuh, langsam wirds wirklich interessant. Eine ganze Menge namen fallen, erste Hints tauchen auf
    Und das mit Ron... naja, das kam schon in Band1 vor, aber ich denke nicht, daß es am Ende SO ausgehen wird.

Und zu Buch5: Urban Legends, worre Das wird auf keinen Fall KÜRZER... nicht nach dermassen langer Zeit
    »We do sincerely hope you'll all enjoy the show, and please remember people, that no matter who you are, and what you do to live, thrive and survive, there are still some things that make us all the same. You, me, them, everybody!«

Kommentar

Boa, das war mal wiede interessant zu lesen!
      Ne das 5 unbedingt kürzer wird - das muß ich live sehen bevor ich das glaube.
      Das die Friggs noch ne wichtige Rolle spielen wird, das wissen wir ja schon.

Uiiiiiiii, mehr informationen über Snape - los ja her damit!!!!!!

Das mit Ron und Hermine fand ich echt schon ziemlcih deutlich in band 4. da muß die mir keine hinweise mehr geben. nins.

tja, wie das wohl noch wird mit draco und harry. bin echt gespannt. da kann man aber nur abwarten.

Und das Harry stirbt, das ist doch der allergrößte Blödsinn. NIEMALS!!!!!!

So, und nun will ich das 5. Band haben.
      *hand ausstreck*
      *wart*
      Warum krieg ich s einfach ncoh nicht?

tnnk
      DCP

Kommentar

Du hast das Wuschen und Wedeln vergessen Deanna
        »We do sincerely hope you'll all enjoy the show, and please remember people, that no matter who you are, and what you do to live, thrive and survive, there are still some things that make us all the same. You, me, them, everybody!«

Kommentar

Du meinst dann bekomme ich das 5. Buch schneller??
          Naja ein versuch ist es wert:

*wusch & wedel*

*wart*
          *nix passiert*

geht auch nicht.
          schade.

tnnk
          DCP

Kommentar

Original geschrieben von Data

Wobei mir Harry + Hermine doch irgendwie lieber gewesen wäre - aber nicht, daß ich´s Ron nicht gönne...
            Aber nicht doch. Das mit Ron und Hermine war doch schon nach Buch 2 klar Harry ist der Held. Bei dem wird es bedeutend länger dauern, bis er ne feste Freundin hat, wenn überhaupt. (soll heissen: wenn er nicht erst nach der Schulzeit eine findet, von der wir dann ja wohl nichts mehr erfahren werden )

Original geschrieben von Data

Ich bin mir jetzt nicht sicher, ob sich Andromeda über diese Neuigkeit freut oder ärgert...

"Hmmmm.... Well, I think I'll leave you in suspense. Sorry!"

Kommentar

Lädt...
            X