Einklappen
X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

update auf JK Rowlings offizieller Seite

Auf der englischen Variante ist nun nicht nur die bisher geschlossene Tür zu öffnen (wie ich schon hier postete, sondern es werden nun auch mehr Fragen zu den Büchern beantwortet:

How do you pronounce 'Hermione?'
    Her (as in 'her brain is bigger than everyone else's') + my (as in 'my brain isn't as big as that') + oh (as in 'oh, for a brain that size') + knee (as in 'I've bruised my knee').
    This used to be the most frequently asked question of all, but it has become less so since I cunningly had Hermione tell Krum how to pronounce her name in 'Goblet of Fire'.

The prophecy Harry hears in Dumbledore's office suggests to me that both he and Voldemort will have to die, is that true?
    Both Madam Trelawney and I worded the prophecy extremely carefully and that is all I have to say on the subject!

Why did Harry have to forget the mirror he had been given by Sirius in 'Order of the Phoenix'?
    I can’t give a full answer to this, because it is relevant to books six and seven. However, the short answer is that Harry was determined never to use the mirror, as is clearly stated in chapter 24: ‘he knew he would never use whatever it was’. For once in Harry’s life, he does not succumb to curiosity, he hides the mirror and the temptation away from himself, and then, when it might have been useful, he has forgotten it.
    The mirror might not have helped as much as you think, but on the other hand, will help more than you think. You’ll have to read the final books to understand that!

Why could Harry see the Thestrals 'Order of the Phoenix'? Shouldn't he have been able to see them much earlier, because he saw his parents/Quirrell/Cedric die?
    I’ve been asked this a lot. Harry didn’t see his parents die. He was in his cot at the time (he was just over a year old) and, as I say in ‘Philosopher’s Stone’, all he saw was a flash of green light. He didn’t see Quirrell’s death, either. Harry had passed out before Quirrell died and was only told about it by Dumbledore in the last chapter.
    He did, however, witness the murder of Cedric, and it is this that makes him able to see the Thestrals at last. Why couldn’t he see the Thestrals on his trip back to the train station? Well, I didn’t want to start a new mystery, which would not be resolved for a long time, at the very end of the fourth book. I decided, therefore, that until Harry is over the first shock, and really feels what death means (ie, when he fully appreciates that Cedric is gone forever and that he can never come back, which takes time, whatever age you are) he would not be able to see the Thestrals. After two months away from school during which he has dwelled endlessly on his memories of the murder and had nightmares about it, the Thestrals have taken shape and form and he can see them quite clearly.

How did Harry get the Marauder's Map back at the end of 'Goblet of Fire'?
    He simply took it back from the fake Moody’s office, but I never show him doing so. Maybe I’ll insert a line in the next edition. I’m afraid I took it for granted that you’d all assume that next time he passed the untenanted office he’d go and get it!

At the end of 'Goblet of Fire', in which order should Harry's parents have come out of the wand?
    Lily first, then James. That’s how it appears in my original manuscript but we were under enormous pressure to edit it very fast and my American editor thought that was the wrong way around, and he is so good at catching small errors I changed it without thinking, then realised it had been right in the first place. We were all very sleep-deprived at the time.

In 'Prisoner of Azkaban', why couldn't the Ministry of Magic have sent Sirius an owl, and then followed it, to find him?
    Just as wizards can make buildings unplottable, they can also make themselves untraceable. Voldemort would have been found long ago if it had been as simple as sending him an owl!

In 'Chamber of Secrets', what would have happened if Ginny had died and Tom Riddle had escaped the diary?
    I can’t answer that fully until all seven books are finished, but it would have strengthened the present-day Voldemort considerably.

Why did Marcus Flint do an extra year at Hogwarts?
    Either I made a mistake or he failed his exams and repeated a year. I think I prefer Marcus making the mistake.

Who is the head of Ravenclaw House?
    Professor Flitwick of course.

Where do you get your names?
    I’ve always ‘collected’ – that’s to say, remembered - unusual names and finally found a use for them! I love names; sad to say, I really enjoy reading lists of them, for me it’s like casting an eye over a pile of unwrapped presents, each of the names representing a whole person. War memorials, telephone directories, shop fronts, saints, villains, baby-naming books – you name it, I’ve got names from it! I also make up names, the most popular one being ‘quidditch’, of course.

Where do you get your ideas?
    This is the question every author is asked most. The answer is ‘out of my head’, but people don’t seem very satisfied with that, it’s too boring, even though it’s true. I suppose an idea might be triggered by something you see or hear, though I can’t remember an instance of that happening to me. For me, the most idea-producing-situation is to be sitting in a fairly quiet corner of a café, looking down at a nice blank sheet of paper, with a big mug of tea slightly to the left and a new pen clutched in my right hand.
    Quelle: http://www.jkrowling.com/en/
    Zuletzt geändert von Seven(of.nine); 29.06.2004, 22:19. Grund: *hüstel* Man sollte nicht mitten in der Nacht irgendwelche FAQ abtippen, sondern warten bis sie in der Quelle auch als 'text-only' vorliegen. ;) *ggg*

Hi

Interessante Fragen, aber noch interessantere Antworten, Die Antwort ist meine Lieblins :

Either I made a mistake or he failed his exams and repeated a year. I think i prefer Marcus making the mistake.

Kommentar

Wahnsinn.. so viele Schreibfehler in ein paar Worten...
      die Infos sind ja an sich ganz nett, aber 90% davon kamen in den diversen Chats die im Inet als Transskripte zu finden sind auch nachzulesen

Dennoch eine nette Sache für die Fans.
      »We do sincerely hope you'll all enjoy the show, and please remember people, that no matter who you are, and what you do to live, thrive and survive, there are still some things that make us all the same. You, me, them, everybody!«

Kommentar

nun also ich kannte das jetzt noch nicht und fand es sehr schön das jetzt nochmal zu lesen. danke fürs posten.
        vor allem wurde hier so schön eine frage - die mit dem spiegel in band 5- angerissen die mich auch schon schwer beschäftigt hat als ich das so las. jetzt weiß ich wenigstens das da noch was kommt. find ich ganz gut allein das schon zu wissen, nru so für mich persönlich ^^

tnnk
        DCP

Kommentar

Wieder ein update der FAQ Sektion auf der Seite:

In "Philosopher's Stone" Aunt Petunia says that Lily came back from Hogwarts with frog spawn in her pockets and turned teacups into rats. If this is true, why wasn't Lily expelled?
          Aunt Petunia is exaggerating a little; you have to allow for her state of mind when she started shrieking these things. However, just like her son, Lily was not averse to testing the limits of the Statute of Secrecy, so you can safely assume she will have had a few warning letters – nothing too serious, though.

Did the character Hedvig in Henrik Ibsen's "The Wild Duck" influence the naming of Harry Potter's owl?
          No, I found St. Hedwig in a book of medieval saints years ago, and the name stuck fast in my memory.

Will there be two chapters in the sixth book called 'Lupin's Papers' and 'The Lovegoods in Court'?
          No, that's another pile of Storgé, I'm afraid.

You say that people cannot Apparate or Disapparate within Hogwarts and yet Dobby manages it, why is this?
          House-elves are different from wizards; they have their own brand of magic, and the ability to appear and disappear within the castle is necessary to them if they are to go about their work unseen, as house-elves traditionally do.

How did Fred and George get their names, is it from the twins in "Gone With the Wind", they were both red headed boys?
          Until I received this letter, I had no idea that the actors who played Stuart and Brent Tarleton were called Fred Crane and George Reeves. No, this isn't where I got the names (I simply called Fred and George 'Fred and George' because I like those names and they fitted well with the old fashioned names of the other Weasley brothers), but it is a funny coincidence!

Fred and George have red hair because Ron does; in other words, I created Ron as a character first, then invented his brothers and sister.

Do you believe in fate?
          No, I believe in hard work and luck, and that the first often leads to the second.

Do you write every day?
          No; I write most days when I am working hard on a book (like now), but every day would be hard on my children! I like to spend time with them, too.

Why did you make the Leprechaun gold disappear in "Goblet of Fire" and Harry not notice?
          I smiled rather ruefully to myself when I did this. Harry doesn't worry about money, because he's got enough of it. Ron, on the other hand, is poor, and he cannot imagine how it must be not to notice a pocketful of gold disappearing. I think I was just remembering how it felt to be like Ron; certainly, for that moment, I felt more sympathy for Ron than Harry – my past self more than my present, if you like. If Harry had noticed the leprechaun gold disappear at the time of the world cup, there would have been less poignancy when we came to the Niffler scene, where I wanted to show, through Ron, how hard it is sometimes not to have any money when other people do.

Are you going to kill any more characters?
          Yes. Sorry.

Peeves chews gum, how can he when he is a ghost? (Nearly Headless Nick can't eat).
          Peeves isn't a ghost; he was never a living person. He is an indestructible spirit of chaos, and solid enough to unscrew chandeliers, throw walking sticks and, yes, chew gum.

Why can't the audio/other translations come out at the same time as the English edition?
          Because they need to wait for the English edition to be edited, after which the translators get to work. If everybody is prepared to wait at least an extra year (and more, for some languages) we could probably have simultaneous publication... but I'm guessing that idea won't be too popular! In the case of the audio-cassettes, you have to allow the poor readers to find the time to record the books, remembering that they often have other work to do (Stephen Fry, for instance, just happens to be an author/actor/director and television presenter as well as the British voice of Harry Potter).

Why didn't Fred and George notice Peter Pettigrew on the Marauder's Map before ("Prisoner of Azkaban")?
          It would not have mattered if they had. Unless somebody was very familiar with the story of Sirius Black (and after all, Sirius was not Mr. and Mrs. Weasley's best friend – indeed, they never knew him until after he escaped from Azkaban), Fred and George would be unlikely to know or remember that Peter Pettigrew was the person Sirius had (supposedly) murdered. Even if Fred and George HAD heard the story at some point, why would they assume that the 'Peter Pettigrew' they occasionally saw moving around the map was, in fact, the man murdered years before?

Fred and George used the map for their own mischief-making, so they concentrated, naturally enough, on those portions of the map where they were planning their next misdeeds. And finally, you must not forget that hundreds of little dots are moving around this map at any given time… Fred and George did not know everyone in school by name, so a single unfamiliar name was unlikely to stand out.

How did Colin's camera work inside Hogwarts if it was a Muggle camera ("Chamber of Secrets")?
          Who says it worked? Colin never got to develop the film, so he never knew whether he had taken pictures correctly or not. All we know is that the insides of the camera were scorched when the Basilisk looked into the lens.

You said recently that Charlie was two years older than Percy. If that's so, he would have been the Seeker in Harry's first year. Can you clarify his and Bill's ages for us?
          I knew I'd messed up that question the moment I had answered it, but web chats move fast and I wanted to keep going to get through as many questions as I could. Bill is two years older than Charlie, who is three years older than Percy, who is two years older than Fred and George, who are two years older than Ron, who is a year older than Ginny. Sorry. Maths is not my strong suit (though it's better than my geography, as those who have found the most recent Easter Eggs might already know).

If a teacher is head of a house, can we assume that they were sorted into those houses when they were students at Hogwarts? Is that also true for the house ghosts? So was Snape a Slytherin?
          A Mugglenet/Harry Potter Lexicon Open Letter Question (I can't promise I'll answer them all, but I'll try and work through them). Yes, if the teacher is Head of House you can indeed assume that they were pupils within that house. So Snape was very definitely a Slytherin and yes, the same is true of the house ghosts.

Do you like Sirius Black?
          I've had several letters asking this, which rather surprised me. The answer is, yes, I do like him, although I do not think he is wholly wonderful (ooooh, I hear them sharpening the knives over at Immeritus [see "Fansite" section]).

Sirius is very good at spouting bits of excellent personal philosophy, but he does not always live up to them. For instance, he says in "Goblet of Fire" that if you want to know what a man is really like, 'look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.' But Sirius loathes Kreacher, the house-elf he has inherited, and treats him with nothing but contempt. Similarly, Sirius claims that nobody is wholly good or wholly evil, and yet the way he acts towards Snape suggests that he cannot conceive of any latent good qualities there. Of course, these double standards exist in most of us; we might know how we ought to behave, but actually doing it is a different matter!

Sirius is brave, loyal, reckless, embittered and slightly unbalanced by his long stay in Azkaban. He has never really had the chance to grow up; he was around twenty-two when he was sent off to Azkaban, and has had very little normal adult life. Lupin, who is the same age, seems much older and more mature. Sirius's great redeeming quality is how much affection he is capable of feeling. He loved James like a brother and he went on to transfer that attachment to Harry.

Did James and Lupin switch bodies before James was killed?
          An ingenious theory, but no; James would never have saved himself and left his wife and son to die.

What did Dumbledore's Howler to Aunt Petunia mean? ('Remember my last'?) (ANM.: Das ist die Gewinner Umfrage des FAQ-Poll)
          Well, it is a relief to move on after the Mark Evans fiasco. This time, two out of the three poll questions had interesting answers (or so I think) and thank goodness you chose one of them.

So: Dumbledore is referring to his last letter, which means, of course, the letter he left upon the Dursleys' doorstep when Harry was one year old. But why then (you may well ask) did he not just say 'remember my letter?' Why did he say my last letter? Why, obviously because there were letters before that…

Now let the speculation begin, and mind you type clearly, I'll be watching…
          Zuletzt geändert von Seven(of.nine); 04.10.2004, 20:02.

Kommentar

Es gibt wieder einige updates auf JK Rowlings offizieller Seite.

Unter der Headline "No News is Good News" schreibt sie:
            I don't know about you, but I got sick and tired of seeing that old Edinburgh Book Festival headline on my desktop and thought I'd change it, however dull the fresh story. So: I have nothing noteworthy to report, because I have been spending nearly all my time sitting in front of my computer writing, re-writing and taking the occasional break to bang my head off the desk in frustration or else rub my hands together in fiendish glee (I think the latter has happened once). Meanwhile, the distance between the keyboard and yours truly increases day by day as my third child races Harry's next adventure into the world.
            Updates in der Sektion Rumours

Gideon and Fabian Prewett were Molly Weasley's brothers
            Yes, they were, but their history is not particularly significant in terms of the overall plot, except in so far as their deaths obviously explain and excuse some of Mrs. Weasley's fears and her arguably over-protective stance with regard to Harry.

The Order of the Phoenix communicates using chocolate frog cards
            This is such a great idea that I was in two minds whether to shoot it down; however, a chocolate frog card, or any object that would have to be remembered and carried on the person, would always be vulnerable to loss, destruction or trickery. The Order communicates in a way that requires nothing but a wand. You saw the Order's method of communication in use even before you knew about the existence of the Order; it was employed by an Order member.

The Lestranges were sent after Neville to kill him
            No, they weren’t, they were very definitely sent after Neville's parents. I can't say too much about this because it touches too closely on the prophecy and how many people knew about it, but the Lestranges were not in on the secret.

Luna and Neville will hook up in HP&THBP
            The Luna/Neville shippers are much less vehement and scary than the Harry/Hermione, Ron/Hermione tribes, so I hope I won't receive too much hate mail for quashing this rumour. I see Neville and Luna as very different kinds of people and while they share a certain isolation within Hogwarts, I don't think that's enough to foster true love - friendship, perhaps, although I think that Neville would always find Luna's wilder flights of fancy alarming.

Harry stands trial again in HP&THBP
            This theory has been put forward to explain why Harry does not spend as long in Privet Drive during this book as previous ones, but I am happy to say that he leaves the Dursleys early for a much pleasanter reason than a court case.

~Rubbish Bin

Kategorie: Pure Garbage

Joanie
            According to a recent article in a UK newspaper, I am known to my good friends as 'Joanie'. Just for the record, nobody, in the whole course of my life, has ever called me 'Joanie'.

~Fan Sites

aktueller Preisaträger HPANA

The Harry Potter Automatic News Aggregator was the very first Harry Potter website I ever visited, though it has changed almost beyond recognition since those early days. A fantastically user-friendly fansite, faster off the mark with Harry Potter news than any other site I know, and with all kinds of brilliantly inventive touches. I particularly like the points system, whereby dedicated posters can work their way up from 'Muggle' to 'Auror' and beyond - though speaking of titles, I hoped that 'High Inquisitor' (moderator name) would have died out when Umbridge was run (galloped?) out of Hogwarts. On the other hand, 'Guillaume' and 'Broggy' (surnames of two of the masterminds behind HPANA) are just begging to be used for fictional wizards.
            ~Extra Struff

Kategorie: Miscellaneous

Harry Potters
            There are quite a few real Harry Potters out there. So far I have heard of a newborn baby who actually has Harry's full name (Harry James Potter), a barrister in London, a grandfather who was very pleased that he had become cool in his grandchildren's eyes, a soldier who died in the second world war (I was sent a picture of his tombstone) and a clockmaker who worked in London in the last century.
            SQUIBS
            I have been asked all sorts of questions about Squibs since I first introduced the concept in 'Chamber of Secrets';. A Squib is almost the opposite of a Muggle-born wizard: he or she is a non-magical person born to at least one magical parent. Squibs are rare; magic is a dominant and resilient gene.

Squibs would not be able to attend Hogwarts as students. They are often doomed to a rather sad kind of half-life (yes, you should be feeling sorry for Filch), as their parentage often means that they will be exposed to, if not immersed in, the wizarding community, but can never truly join it. Sometimes they find a way to fit in; Filch has carved himself a niche at Hogwarts and Arabella Figg operates as Dumbledore's liaison between the magical and Muggle worlds. Neither of these characters can perform magic (Filch's Kwikspell course never worked), but they still function within the wizarding world because they have access to certain magical objects and creatures that can help them (Arabella Figg does a roaring trade in cross-bred cats and Kneazles, and if you don't know what a Kneazle is yet, shame on you). Incidentally, Arabella Figg never saw the Dementors that attacked Harry and Dudley, but she had enough magical knowledge to identify correctly the sensations they created in the alleyway.

WANDS
            I gave Harry a wand made of holly wood back in 1990, when I first drafted chapter six of 'Philosopher's Stone'. It was not an arbitrary decision: holly has certain connotations that were perfect for Harry, particularly when contrasted with the traditional associations of yew, from which Voldemort's wand is made. European tradition has it that the holly tree (the name comes from 'holy') repels evil, while yew, which can achieve astonishing longevity (there are British yew trees over two thousand years old), can symbolise both death and resurrection; the sap is also poisonous.

Some time after I had given Harry his holly-and-phoenix wand I came across a description of how the Celts had assigned trees to different parts of the year and discovered that, entirely by coincidence, I had assigned Harry the 'correct'; wood for his day of birth. I therefore decided to give Ron and Hermione Celtic wand woods, too. Ron, who was born in the February 18 - March 17 period, was given an ash wand (I think I had originally marked him down for beech), and Hermione, who was born between September 2 and September 29, received a vine wood wand (I can't remember what I originally stipulated for Hermione; possibly I had not specified a wood for her at that stage).

I have only used the Celtic assignations for Ron and Hermione. Hagrid, for instance, has an oak wand though by this Celtic system he should have a wand made of elder; in Britain, the oak is 'King of the Forest' and symbolises strength, protection and fecundity; what other wood could 'choose' Hagrid? In any case, I liked having a hidden connection between Harry, Ron and Hermione's wands that only I knew about (until now, anyway).

For those who are interested in the trees assigned to the different parts of the Celtic year, below is the chart that I used. I apologise to any Celtic tree experts out there for any inaccuracies I may have reproduced (I have found slight variations between sources since I first came across this information.)

December 24 - January 20 = Birch (Beth)
            January 21 - February 17 = Rowan (Luis)
            February 18 - March 17 = Ash (Nion)
            March 18 - April 14 = Alder (Fearn)
            April 15 - May 12 = Willow (Saille)
            May 13 - June 9 = Hawthorn (Huath)
            June 10 - July 7 = Oak (Duir)
            July 8 - August 4 = Holly (Tinne)
            August 5 - September 1 = Hazel (Coll)
            September 2 - September 29 = Vine (Muin)
            September 30 - October 27 = Ivy (Gort)
            October 28 - November 24 = Reed (Ngetal)
            November 25 - December 23 = Elder (Ruis)

Updates in der Sektion FAQ - About the Books

Do all young people in Britain's Wizarding World go to Hogwarts? For example, did Stan Shunpike attend Hogwarts? Or is Hogwarts a school just for those who are particularly good at magic while others go into trades without formal schooling? [Mugglenet/Lexicon question]
            Everyone who shows magical ability before their eleventh birthday will automatically gain a place at Hogwarts; there is no question of not being 'magical enough'; you are either magical or you are not. There is no obligation to take up the place, however; a family might not want their child to attend Hogwarts.

On a related note, I have added some information on Squibs in the 'Extras'; Section (Miscellaneous).

When Hermione arrived at Hogwarts, was she nearly eleven or nearly twelve? [also asked by vast numbers of people]
            She was nearly twelve; you must be at least eleven to attend Hogwarts.

What is the core of Hermione's wand? [asked by vast numbers of people]
            Dragon heartstring, so Harry, Ron and Hermione unite the three Ollivander wand cores (other wandmakers may use different substances, as shown by Fleur's wand, but Ollivander is widely acknowledged to be the best maker).

I have added more information on wands (including Hermione's) in the 'Extras'; Section (Miscellaneous).

Is Theodore Nott the "stringy" Slytherin mentioned in the Thestral class scene? If he isn't, who is that boy? [Mugglenet/Lexicon question]
            Yes, he is. In my notes Nott is also described as 'rabbity' in appearance.

On your website, you used the term "marauders" to refer to James and his friends. Were they actually called that or are you just borrowing the fan term? [Mugglenet/Lexicon question]
            James, Sirius, Remus and Peter dubbed themselves 'marauders', hence the way they titled the map.

Godric's Hollow: street, house, tree...? [Mugglenet/Lexicon question - also asked a lot in fan mail]
            Godric's Hollow is a village.

Kommentar

Wahnsinn, so viel Informationen auf einen Rutsch, da hat JKR wohl mal wieder eine Hängerphase beim Schreiben gehabt

Aber diesmal sind wirklich ein paar sehr nette Hintergrunddetails dabei, die in den Büchern nie und nimmer einen Platz gefunden hätten (Zauberstäbe und Kalender, die Brüder von Molly, "Handlungsausblick" auf 6). Coole Sache das.
              »We do sincerely hope you'll all enjoy the show, and please remember people, that no matter who you are, and what you do to live, thrive and survive, there are still some things that make us all the same. You, me, them, everybody!«

Kommentar

Lädt...
              X