Einklappen
X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

Zitate mit Bezug zu Religionen

Hier soll eine Sammlung von Star Trek Zitaten entstehen, die irgend einen Bezug zu Religionen haben. Natürlich können diese Zitate hier auch kommentiert oder diskutiert werden.

"Der Gott der Mintakaner"/"Who Wachtes the Watchers"
    Troi: "That's the problem with believing in a supernatural being. Trying to determine what he wants."

"Der Gott der Mintakaner"/"Who Wachtes the Watchers"
    Barron : "The Mintakans wish to please the Overseer, but they can only guess what he wants. They need a sign."
    Picard : "Are you suggesting..."
    Barron : "You must go down to Mintaka III."
    Riker : "Masquerading as a god?"
    Picard : "Out of the question. The Prime Directive-"
    Barron : "Has already been violated. The damage is done. All we can do now is minimize it."
    Picard : "By sanctioning their false beliefs?"
    Barron : "By giving them guidelines... letting them know what the Overseer expects of them."
    Picard : "I cannot - I will not impose a set of commandments on these people. To do so violates the essence of the Prime Directive."
    Barron : "Like it or not, we've rekindled the Mintakans' belief in the Overseer."
    Riker : "And you're saying that belief will eventually develop into a religion?"
    Barron : "It's inevitable. And without guidance, that religion could degenerate into inquisitions... holy wars... chaos."
    Picard : "Your own reports describe how rational these people are. Millennia ago, they abandoned all belief in the supernatural. And now you're asking me to sabotage that achievement... send them back into the dark ages of fear and superstition. No. We must undo the damage we've caused."

"Illusion oder Wirklichkeit"/"Where Silence Has Lease"
    Picard: "Some see it as a changing into an indestructible form, forever unchanging. They believe that the purpose of the entire universe is to then maintain that form in an Earth-like garden which will give delight and pleasure through all eternity. On the other hand there are those who hold to the idea of our blinking into nothingness with all of our experiences and hopes and dreams merely a delusion."
    Fake Data: "Which do you believe sir?"
    Picard: "Considering the marvelous complexity of the universe, its clockwork perfection, its balances of this against that... matter, energy, gravitation, time, dimension, I believe that our existence must be more than either of these philosophies. That what we are goes beyond euclidian or other 'practical' measuring systems... and that our existence is part of a reality beyond what we understand now as reality."

Gene Roddenberry: "I condemn false prophets, I condemn the effort to take away the power of rational decision, to drain people of their free will--and a hell of a lot of money in the bargain. Religions vary in their degree of idiocy, but I reject them all. For most people, religion is nothing more than a substitute for a malfunctioning brain."

Gene Roddenberry: "We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes."

Gene Roddenberry: "I've always thought that, if we did not have supernatural explanations for all the things we might not understand right away, this is the way we would be, like the people on that planet [Who Watches the Watchers?]. I was born into a supernatural world in which all my people -my family- usually said that is because God willed it, or gave other supernatural explanations for whatever happened. When you confront those statements on their own, they just don't make sense. They are clearly wrong. You need a certain amount of proof to accept anything, and that proof was not forthcoming to support those statements."

(Quelle für die meisten dieser Zitate)
    Zuletzt geändert von Apollo; 22.03.2003, 11:52.

Gene Roddenberry auf die Anfrage eines kirchlichen TV-Produzenten, ob er denn was für ihn Produzieren könnte: "Ich bin schon ein ziemlicher heide und als solcher fragt sich mein Gelbbeutel natürlich, was für ihn dabei rausspringen könnte".
    Für meine Königin, die so reich wäre, wenn es sie nicht gäbe ;)
    endars Katze sagt: “nur geradeaus” Rover Over
    Klickt für Bananen!
    Der süßeste Mensch der Welt terra.planeten.ch

Kommentar

"Gestern, Heute, Morgen"/"All Good Things..."
      Q: "May what ever god you believe in (taunting)... have mercy on your soul."

"Blasphemie"/"In the Hands of the Prophets"
      Jake Sisko: "It's dumb."
      Ben Sisko : "No, it's not. You've got to understand something, Jake. For over fifty years, the one thing that allowed the Bajorans to survive the Cardassian occupation was their faith. The prophets were their only source of hope and courage."
      Jake Sisko : "But they weren't prophets. They were just some aliens that you found in the wormhole."
      Ben Sisko : "To those aliens, the future is no more difficult to see than the past. So why shouldn't they be considered prophets?"
      Jake Sisko : "Are you serious?"
      Ben Sisko : "My point is it's a matter of interpretation. It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong. If you start to think that way, you'll be acting just like Vedek Winn. Only from the other side. We can't afford to be that way, jake. We'd lose everything we've worked for here."

Kommentar

Klasse Idee, Apollo..

Ich hab nur keine Ahnung, ob hier jeder so fließend English kann *g*

*mitzaunpfahlwink*

Kommentar

Lädt...
        X