Andromeda 2008: The Musical Journey

Einklappen
X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

Jetzt wo alle Titel fertig sind, hab ich mir das ganze mal komplett angehört. Und die Stimmung kommt wirklich super rüber! Große Klasse!

Kommentar

Danke. Vielen Dank.
      ---------------------
      Sorry for my very limited and bad German.
      http://www.myspace.com/davidfangmusic

Kommentar

Andromeda: Coda * (In der Produktion)

Probe Musik (40 Sekunden)

Admiral Dylan Hunt

Zuletzt geändert von DeltaRomeo; 10.05.2008, 06:14. Grund: Link

Kommentar

Wow , well done DeltaRomeo!!
          I love your High Guard Battle March and the Argosy Special!
          Thanks alot.
          Das Lied für sinnlose Diskussionen zur Aggressionsbewältigung.
          Mehr Frieden und Liebe für das SFF! Trage dazu bei!

Kommentar

super it was very good i have fun to hear it. i have now all and fetten RESPECT it was great to hear it.

sorry for my bad english. :P
            Betrügen ist es erst wenn man sich erwischen lässt. Geheris Rahde

Kommentar

Hello,

All tracks from Andromeda 2008: The Musical Journey have been removed from this forum and Scifi.com forum. The entire album is undergoing a big change.

It includes re-recorded old songs, a new album cover, sound quality improvements, and more appropriate tracks.

Samples:

Sara and Dylan

Captain's Orders

Tarn Vedra

Drago-Kazov

Rekindle The Light

Video:
              Andromeda: Battle of Hephaistos

Volume 1
              01. The Systems Commonwealth
              02. Tarn Vedra
              03. Quarantine Zone_Treaty of Antares
              04. Crimson Eclipse
              05. Rearm for Treachery
              06. Newport New Orbital Shipyards
              07. The Andromeda Ascendant

Volume 2
              08. Captain Perrim
              09. Hidden Memories
              10. Sara and Dylan
              11. Battle of Hephaistos
              12. Fall of the Commonwealth
              13. The Salvagers
              14. We have Intruders Onboard!

Volume 3
              15. Captain's Orders
              16. The Restorian Plot
              17. The Pax Magellanic
              18. Ascendant and Judgment
              19. Rommie, The Angel of Death
              20. Rekindle The Light
              21. Sinti and Ugroth

Volume 4
              22. Trance Gemini
              23. Drago-Kazov
              24. Tarazed_Sara's Message
              25. High Guard Battle March
              26. Argosy Special Operation
              27. Genite Sabotage (WIP)
              28. Day of Judgment (WIP)

Volume 5 (TBA)

Stream player:

MP3 Player SoundClick

Kommentar

nice One ..,.
                the COver looks good and the samples sunds Greate -> i want more^^
                Gruß: +DS_DV+ _->MEIN=SYS<-_
                Ein frohes und langes Leben euch allen!!!!!
                Andromeda 2008: The Musical Journey und im SciFi-Forum
                PS: Meine Texte sind nach MEINER Rechtschreibung verfasst und enthalten somit keine Fehler ;)

Kommentar

You can click on the "Mp3 Player Soundclick" link for more tracks. I'm still in the process of re-recording the end of Volume 4. This might take some time.

Kommentar

Great! Absolutely Great! Can't wait for the Album to be ready. Will it be downloadable (<-- how do you write this?) like the first one?

And another Question (a little bit off-Topic):
                    When I try to compose something, i usually then go to the piano and play. Just play. When I'm finished, I can't do the played Song again, but people, who listen to my improvisations say that the musik I played was great. So I want to make records (I have a Keyboard, linked over line-In to my computer whith "CubaseStudio4 Eucation Edition"), but anytime, I try to record something, it has no structure. Either I have a record of my improvisation, or I finish with some accords, which I made as "background" but can't remember which ones I used.
                    Can you tell me, how to structure a "real" composing? What should I do first? Harmonys? Melody? Beat? How can I part an improved melody into parts which are easy to record, whithout letting it sound... copped up?
                    Would be cool, If you could help me .
                    Leben ist Jazz.
                    Jazz ist Leben.
                    Improvisation ist die einzige Möglichkeit, klarzukommen.

Kommentar

^

Hello,

Unfortunately there's a language barrier between you and I, but I''ll try my best. I'm not sure if you're asking about recording issues or music issues. But since you're asking about structure and melody, etc, then I assume music issue.

Getting in front of piano and play is a good way to create some ideas, but this is really the very very beginning of writing a song. Once you find one part worthy of being recorded, immediately write it down on paper or on computer notation programs like Sibelius or Makemusic Finale.

While you improvise, you should be able to translate what you're improvising into melody, rhythm, timing, scale, tempo, and if you can harmony all at the same time. If you can't translate them, then I strongly advise more basic music education. Most importantly, try to think about chord progression as well.

Once you have the main idea down, use your imagination and creativity to start, carry forth, and end the melody, BUT remember to avoid constant repetitions of the same small amount of measures over and over again in a endless loop.

Use your creativity to move the melodies around, but remember to bring your listeners back to the main melody you introduced earlier. All composers have their own style of structuring music.

There's an entire chapter in music theory that goes into song structure so it will take a very long time for me to elaborate.

Just remember, instrumental music is like story telling, except without words. But the core success of music is inspiration and feeling since you are attempting to connect to an audience.

Since I haven't heard any of your pieces, I can't provide any useful advice. Is it possible that you can PM some of your recorded songs?

Best Regards,

David
                      Zuletzt geändert von DeltaRomeo; 06.05.2009, 02:26.

Kommentar

I'm writing here, because it seemes not to be possible to upload data in a PN.

What you wrote is the information I assume to need.
                        I was (am) asking aboud music issues.
                        Here is, what I have recorded so far:
                        "Chiller-Rap ver.1.0": It was the Idea of a fiend of mine, who likes Rap/Hip-Hop. He wrote the lyrics, I recorded it. It's not ready.
                        "Minimal-Chill": A little try whith sperical sounds.

All recordings are in no good quality. Though I have CubaseStudio 4, I record just over the on-board soundcard of my computer's mainboard.
                        Sometimes the computer just stops for half a second during the recording-process, wich leads to some stuttering in the ready Record.

Thank you, for helping me, and please excuse my bad english.
                        Angehängte Dateien
                        Leben ist Jazz.
                        Jazz ist Leben.

Kommentar

Zitat von Blind_Hawk Beitrag anzeigen
                          I'm writing here, because it seemes not to be possible to upload data in a PN.

What you wrote is the information I assume to need.
                          I was (am) asking aboud music issues.
                          Here is, what I have recorded so far:
                          "Chiller-Rap ver.1.0": It was the Idea of a fiend of mine, who likes Rap/Hip-Hop. He wrote the lyrics, I recorded it. It's not ready.
                          "Minimal-Chill": A little try whith sperical sounds.

All recordings are in no good quality. Though I have CubaseStudio 4, I record just over the on-board soundcard of my computer's mainboard.
                          Sometimes the computer just stops for half a second during the recording-process, wich leads to some stuttering in the ready Record.

Thank you, for helping me, and please excuse my bad english.
                          If your recording is stuttering, that means hardware limitations. Your existing soundcard is experiencing dropouts and the program is maxing over your CPU. This can be fixed by a newer computer with Pro-Audio soundcards (Do not buy consumer Soundblasters) that require analogue 1/4 TRS Connectors.

1/4 TRS Connectors

Here's a list to start a bare minimum home studio:
                          1. Sound Mixer

2. Audio Interface (Professional Audio soundcards. NO Soundblasters)

3. Powered Speakers that can connect 1/4 TRS Connectors

4. Also try to get a better microphone, recommended that you use studio microphones instead of cheap desktop microphones.

5. MIDI Wires

6. Dxi/VST plugins or Synth Modules for Sounds

Recording process:
                          1. Learn how to do multichannel mixing with Cubase 4. This require intensive practice: cuting/editing audio during the final mixing process. Equalize your tracks and also learn how to use Audio Effects effectively (Examples: Reverb, Chorus, Flanger, etc.). Since I am not a Cubase 4 user, you will have to refer to the manual of how to use them.

Taking a school course in music recording and music will speed up the learning process. Practice, practice, practice.

If you guys are doing Hip Pop genre, I recommend you guys use some Jazzy chords: Major sevenths, Major Sixths, Dominants, Minor 6th, 7th chords.
                          Zuletzt geändert von DeltaRomeo; 08.05.2009, 19:30.

Kommentar

Zitat von DeltaRomeo Beitrag anzeigen
                            Practice, practice, practice.
                            That's what I do, bevore I buy me a lot of expencive eqipment
                            Zitat von DeltaRomeo Beitrag anzeigen
                            If you guys are doing Hip Pop genre, I recommend you guys use some Jazzy chords: Major sevenths, Major Sixths, Dominants, Minor 6th, 7th chords.
                            I'm not really fan of Hip-Hop. But I like Jazz. So I'm already working whith those accords.
                            Leben ist Jazz.
                            Jazz ist Leben.

Kommentar

Blind Hawk, what do you use for your sounds? What are your instruments?

Kommentar

Usually I play piano. I can play (well can is to much... am able to play a simple melody on) the Trumpet and I'm teaching myself a bit Gitar (just some simple accords to sing to).
                                Electronically (<is this an english word?) I use the sounds of my keyboard (Casio Wk-3500) and play them via line-In into the computer. For the drum-parts, I create a MIDI-file using the key-, drum-, and notes- editor of Cubase and play it via the Integratet "Ha-lion-one" Artificial Instrument-Set.
                                Leben ist Jazz.
                                Jazz ist Leben.

Kommentar

Lädt...
                                X