• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

Andromeda Coda: The Musical Journey

Ladies and Gentlemen I present you!

Andromeda Coda: The Musical Journey

* Featuring very powerful, massive and epic Orchestral/Choral/Synth/Percussion Music
    * Including several notable themes from Andromeda 2008
    * Transport yourself into another whole new world of Andromeda based on Robert Hewitt Wolfe's Play
    * Not only dedicated to cast and crew, but also in dedication to film composer Jerry Goldsmith.
    * Written, rendered, and recorded at far more superior quality than my previous works in Andromeda 2008

Please remember the album is currently WORK IN PROGRESS. Download will only be available once the Album is complete. I am finally releasing the first 10 tracks for stream listening:

1. Andromeda Coda Suite (Orchestra Only)
    2. The Lightbringers (Orchestra Only)
    3. Spirit of the Abyss (Orchestra/Taiko/SFX)
    4. The Captain and his ship (Orchestra/Choral/Taiko/SFX)
    5. Pyrian Standoff (Orchestra/Taiko/Synths/SFX)
    6. The Engine of Creation (Orchestra/Synths)
    7. The Sun Goddess (Orchestra/Choral/Taiko/SFX)
    8. The Perfect Future (Orchestra/Synths/SFX)
    9. Out of Victoria, by Barbarossa (Orchestra/Choral/Taiko/SFX)
    10. Core, Logic, and Avatar (Orchestra/Choral/Synths/SFX)
    11. ???????? - Work in Progress
    Etc.

Link:
    MP3 Player SoundClick

Essentially based on RHW one act play, however expanded and explored more in depth. After Trance finishes talking about the possible future in the track "The Perfect Future", listeners are immediately introduced to "Out of Victoria, by Barbarossa" where Tyr Anasazi begins his unrelenting but brilliant conquest. There may be future Militaristic/martial Tracks that explores the conflict between Nieatzcheans and New Systems Commonwealth further.

Unlike the show where Dylan Hunt is telling the story, Coda is told and narrated from the perspective of Trance.

Thanks and enjoy this wild ride!

David Fang
    Zuletzt geändert von DeltaRomeo; 15.06.2008, 04:25.
    http://www.myspace.com/davidfangmusic

Very Cool I like your music Maby you can become a star in Filmmusics
    Gruß: +DS_DV+ _->MEIN=SYS<-_
    Ein frohes und langes Leben euch allen!!!!!
    Andromeda 2008: The Musical Journey und im SciFi-Forum
    PS: Meine Texte sind nach MEINER Rechtschreibung verfasst und enthalten somit keine Fehler ;)

Kommentar

He definately has the talent - considering his young age, he's really developing his skills pretty quickly.

My feedback:
      You were absolutely right - I am impressed. "The Sun Goddess" clearly shows the traces of the "male" version from Andromeda 2008. But it has its own character and actually appears "female" to some extent.

Personally, I like "The Sun God" more, that's particularly because I have a faible for these big, epic themes. I kinda don't like these fast rythms you're utilizing in the new version.

My favourite track so far is "The Captain and his Ship", followed by "The perfect Future". Short, but really beautiful track. It kinda reminds me of Stargate Atlantis (Joel Goldsmith), don't know why, these images come to my mind when listening to the track

Talking about my favourite track: It's really become better since the first draft version. The chorus fits all the tracks well. It is subtle, but adds quite some depth to it.

Very well done
      Have you seen my force lance? Star Wars: The New Era | Scifi-Space.net
      "Screams of a billion murdered stars give lie to the night's peace, while we cling in desperation to the few fragile spinning stones we call worlds"
      Wayfinder First Order Hasturi aka "The Mad Perseid" 217 AFC

Kommentar

Thanks,

Joel Goldsmith and I are somewhat influenced by David Arnold, the composer who wrote the Original Stargate Score. Need a composer for Stargate Mod? No problem. I hear a lot of Stargate related Mods are being developed, Darth Hunter you know any folks who are making Stargate Mods?

I kinda don't like these fast rythms you're utilizing in the new version.
        Professional composer gave me an Advise: "Variation of feeling and different dramatic moments. Compose horror, suspense, not just plain Action-oriented and Bombastic Pomp music. Also add more woodwinds to enrich the color of your music." Which I actually did and personally think the writing is far more superior than Andromeda 2008.

You probably don't know what I'm talking about, but as a Veteran Soundtrack listener, personally I think Andromeda 2008 is a big disappointment and focuses on too much on the Warship itself.

I also followed another advise: "Variation of rythms rather than using the standard 100 Beat per Minute or 120 BPM. If the new song is an adaptation from the original theme which is "The Sun God", must be something different. I used 145 BPM for Sun Goddess, making it more adventurous. "The Captain and his Ship" theme is the only Heroic Thematic piece out of the 10 tracks available, but I will make sure the theme will return in the battle tracks.

I am also collecting ideas for creating the "Consensus Theme" or the new "Harper Theme" where the joining occurs. Cutesy Heroic theme for Harper? Absolutely not! Harper may be reflected as powerful, dark, and fiery in the music. There are several episodes in Season 1 and 2 that it is revealed that Harper has a darker side of him.

"You are a very bad person." - Gerentex
        "Thank you..." - Harper

Nevertheless I'm not going to spoil it any further.

"More or less", for Andromeda Coda I am still experimenting and striving towards better technical development. Sometimes I might toy with the 20th Century Schoenberg dissonance/out of harmony, which doesn't have an appeal for most mainstream audiences but nevertheless I think its quite necessary to work out my technical theoretical stuff.

Andromeda 2008 is well known for its simple thematic gung-ho pomp and circumstance and action oriented tracks. But with Coda is probably more, which you probably have noticed, darker in junction with RHW's doom and gloom version of Andromeda.

Very Cool I like your music Maby you can become a star in Filmmusics
        For Film? Maybe, but for TV probably.

Considering I have composed 10 tracks of Coda well under 4 weeks, I'm starting to get a reputation to churn out music very quickly.

Kommentar

Hey there
          Oh, I do understand what you mean. I very much noticed these differences. The soundtrack is a lot more diverse than Andromeda 2008 - and just to take one example: "Then Sun Goddess" is a good example of how the track underlines the character of a person, a situation or another thing in the show.

What I said there rather reflects my personal taste. I didn't like these fast rythms in conjunction with the instruments you used - or maybe it was the kind of rythm. I can't say for sure, because I'm not professional. I can mostly judge on how the entire composition appears to me only.
          From time to time however, I do like faster tracks as well. There are a couple of pieces from John Williams for instance, like the Battle of Geonosis. He has a very interesting style there that I kinda like. Or, as a more comedic example "The Forest Battle" that joined the battle scenes on Endor with the funny behaviour of the Ewoks.

Below the line however, I think I pretty much have a faible for these epic themes - they always give me goosebumps. Hence why my favourite track from your compositions so far is "Dylan's Return". It starts so beautiful and sorta romantic with the piano and then builds up to something really epic.

I think you could really have a chance of doing such things for TV. Especially considering that you're fast and still deliver good work. Your tracks are more characteristic and less stereotypical than those of Matthew McCauley for Andromeda for instance (expect for opening and arkology theme). When I hear his "Abyss" cues, they sound kinda cheesy.

Stargate mods - hey, there are hundrets out there. Where should I begin?
          But to be honest, I'd probably prefer another nice track for Star Wars: The New Era
          "Screams of a billion murdered stars give lie to the night's peace, while we cling in desperation to the few fragile spinning stones we call worlds"

Kommentar

Zitat von Darth.Hunter Beitrag anzeigen
            Hey there
            Oh, I do understand what you mean. I very much noticed these differences. The soundtrack is a lot more diverse than Andromeda 2008 - and just to take one example: "Then Sun Goddess" is a good example of how the track underlines the character of a person, a situation or another thing in the show.

What I said there rather reflects my personal taste. I didn't like these fast rythms in conjunction with the instruments you used - or maybe it was the kind of rythm. I can't say for sure, because I'm not professional. I can mostly judge on how the entire composition appears to me only.
            From time to time however, I do like faster tracks as well. There are a couple of pieces from John Williams for instance, like the Battle of Geonosis. He has a very interesting style there that I kinda like. Or, as a more comedic example "The Forest Battle" that joined the battle scenes on Endor with the funny behaviour of the Ewoks.

Below the line however, I think I pretty much have a faible for these epic themes - they always give me goosebumps. Hence why my favourite track from your compositions so far is "Dylan's Return". It starts so beautiful and sorta romantic with the piano and then builds up to something really epic.

I think you could really have a chance of doing such things for TV. Especially considering that you're fast and still deliver good work. Your tracks are more characteristic and less stereotypical than those of Matthew McCauley for Andromeda for instance (expect for opening and arkology theme). When I hear his "Abyss" cues, they sound kinda cheesy.

Stargate mods - hey, there are hundrets out there. Where should I begin?
            But to be honest, I'd probably prefer another nice track for Star Wars: The New Era
            I listened to the "Arena" from the OST, AKA Geonosis Battle Cues, the rythm is much slower than the other Battle/action cues Williams made giving a "marching martial" feeling.

Based on what I read, you tend to like the heavy slow martial music with French Horns engulfing the orchestra with the theme.

Just on a few updates, I made "Widows and Orphans", a very emotional and tragic piece filling the emotional empytiness in Andromeda that is Season 3 and onwards. I'll post it up online this weekend once I get home. "Arkology Theme" is beautiful and peaceful, but too peaceful and doesn't seem to fit within Coda's tragic upbringings later on.

One last note, I don't know about you Sebastian but I tried listening to my music on the train with my mp3 player and can't hear sh*t despite the fact that I maxed out my volume.
            Zuletzt geändert von DeltaRomeo; 20.06.2008, 21:43.

Kommentar

Don't know how loud the trains are in your area :P
              I'm using an ordinary iPod nano which has a reduced loudness for the European market - together with some in-ear speakers that have a pretty good sound isolation (no matter how loud you turn it, you don't disturb others, but it also isolates outside noises pretty well).
              I can't say that I have any problems with the volume.

Kommentar

Ok I re-worked two tracks.

1. Spirit of the Abyss
                2. Out of Victoria, By Barbarrosa

Kommentar

I released a new track.

Beka's Counterattack

Track:
                  Beka's Counterattack

0:01-1:02
                  Dylan's newly formed Commonwealth Fleet and Tyr's fleet engage in a fearsome and chaotic battle on a massive scale.
                  1:03-1:30
                  Note the "Captain and his ship" theme. Andromeda launches all her fighter wings to destroy Tyr's Flagship.
                  1:33-2:03
                  Notice the electric guitars and guitar effects emphasizing Beka Valentine's costly, but successful attack run on Tyr's ship. Beka's ship was hit, but managed to stay in the fight while trying to keep her wing together.
                  2:03-End
                  Notice the "Out of Victoria, by Barbarossa" melody once again is played towards the end indicating Tyr's defeat.

Zuletzt geändert von Dr.Bock; 27.07.2008, 21:53.

Kommentar

Great action track, but I somehow cannot discover the parts that you have in the description. I could neither hear any quote from "The Captain and his Ship", nor did I hear any electric guitars (I know McCauley often used them in Eureka Maru scenes as a contrast to the glorious Andromeda/High Guard). I tried at high volume on my FP system, but still couldn't discover these instruments

Kommentar

Ok I remixed it again. I raised the volume on the Guitars.

Listen to 1:32 carefully, you might pick up some the Electric guitars playing in the background from the Eureka Maru scenes

At 1:13, you should be able to hear the Captain and his ship theme.

Sorry if things are going by so fast, I really don't have much time these days to work on Coda.

Kommentar

I think I now heard the guitars. Didn't recognize the instrument the first time - I thought it would be something similar to the sound that McCauley used, so I couldn't identify it ^^

However, I still can't seem to hear the Captain and his Ship theme - I am hearing a totally different melody around that timecode

Kommentar

Mal wieder was für unsere ausschließlich deutschsprachigen Forenbewohner
                          David hat mal wieder ein paar neue Stücke fertig bekommen, äußerst hörenswert!

Viel Spaß beim Reinhören! Mir persönlich sitzt momentan "Forged Alliance" als Ohrwurm fest ^^

Kommentar

das hört sich ja cool an.Beifall für DeltaRomeo.
                            Kann man sie auch Downloaden??

Gruß Seamus Harper 31
                            Lasst die Rübe Kreisen ! \m/

Kommentar

Wonder how an expensive big budget Andromeda Movie Score would sound like? I just got a real chorus to sing some parts of this track.

New Tracks:
                              1. Join The Consensus

Instruments:
                              Full Symphonic Orchestra
                              Alesis Andromeda A6 Synth
                              Storm Drum
                              Symphonic Choir

Stream:
                              Join the Consensus

Chorus Chants and Lyrics (1:03)
                              Andromeda Gloria!
                              Glory!
                              Glory!
                              Glory!
                              Glory!
                              Glory!
                              Glory!
                              Glory!
                              Glory!
                              (1:28)
                              Dies Irae!
                              Dies Irae!
                              Dies Irae!
                              Dies Irae!
                              Dies Irae!
                              Dies Irae!
                              Dies Irae!
                              Dies Irae!
                              Dies Irae!
                              Dies Irae!
                              etc.

2. Space Voyage

Stream:
                              Space Voyage

Instruments:
                              Symphonic Orchestra
                              Alesis Andromeda A6
                              Zuletzt geändert von DeltaRomeo; 25.08.2008, 02:44.

Kommentar

Lädt...
                              X