Name: Harper's Wrath
      Genre: Massive/Action

Stream:
      Harper's Wrath

Lyrics:
      "Deus Ex Machina!"
      http://www.myspace.com/davidfangmusic

Kommentar

The second is much better than the Haper the Mashine!! But Haper´s Wrath isvery cool
        Gruß: +DS_DV+ _->MEIN=SYS<-_
        Ein frohes und langes Leben euch allen!!!!!
        Andromeda 2008: The Musical Journey und im SciFi-Forum
        PS: Meine Texte sind nach MEINER Rechtschreibung verfasst und enthalten somit keine Fehler ;)

Kommentar

Simly good souds - i like 7 , 9 , 10 - sounds impressive and majestic - great...
          Man muss noch Chaos in sich haben, um einen tanzenden Stern gebären zu können.
          Also sprach Zarathustra (nietzsche)

Kommentar

New Track:

Title: Glorious Heritage
            Stream:
            Glorious Heritage

Description:
            0:01-0:28
            Above orbit of the planet Tarazed.

0:29-0:60
            Variations of the "Captain and his ship" theme indicating Dylan Hunt return to Tarazed with the fleet of ships from the new members of the Commonwealth

1:00-2:48
            Female only chorus representing the Glorious Heritage AI's female persona and all her majestic beauty with shadows of the "Rommie, The Angel of Death" theme brooding in background played by the violins.

2:49-3:16
            Female Chorus sings "An Drom Me Da!"

3:17-3:30
            "Shining Path to truth and knowledge" theme indicating that the Andromeda Ascendant is the flag ship of the commonwealth fleet.

3:30-End
            The restored Systems Commonwealth furthers strengthens and stands ready against the Magog.

Kommentar

Great Song,
              sounds very familiar as you said, you used many themes from your previous songs,
              so I don't have the feeling of hearing Somethin new but I think that's what you wanted (d or t?).
              Please excuse my bad English.
              Leben ist Jazz.
              Jazz ist Leben.
              Improvisation ist die einzige Möglichkeit, klarzukommen.

Kommentar

Goosebumps, mate. Goosebumps.
                I could really imagine the scenes in the orbit above Tarazed and immediately had the images in mind of the season 4 episode where you see the many new High Guard ships above the planet.

@ Blind Hawk: Well one of the methods in film music is to iterate known themes. Whenever you want to emphasize on a specific situation or characters, you have a basic theme for them by which you can recognize them. For the viewer it's only subtle, but it creates recognition value. If you watch the series closely, you will notice that variations of "Andromeda Invictus" are often played when you see Dylan Hunt or the Andromeda getting ready for action.

This specific piece here varies greatly from the previous tracks imho. You can already imagine the situation by the themes that were chosen, but it's still a very unique iteration. It doesn't sound like the previous ones at all.
                Have you seen my force lance? Star Wars: The New Era | Scifi-Space.net
                "Screams of a billion murdered stars give lie to the night's peace, while we cling in desperation to the few fragile spinning stones we call worlds"
                Wayfinder First Order Hasturi aka "The Mad Perseid" 217 AFC

Kommentar

When I was listening to this for couple of times to identify counterpoint issues, it sorta reminds me of a national anthem.

@ Blind Hawk: Well one of the methods in film music is to iterate known themes. Whenever you want to emphasize on a specific situation or characters, you have a basic theme for them by which you can recognize them. For the viewer it's only subtle, but it creates recognition value. If you watch the series closely, you will notice that variations of "Andromeda Invictus" are often played when you see Dylan Hunt or the Andromeda getting ready for action.

This specific piece here varies greatly from the previous tracks imho. You can already imagine the situation by the themes that were chosen, but it's still a very unique iteration. It doesn't sound like the previous ones at all.
                  DH wrapped it all. The idea of character themes is originated by Richard Wagner's Leitmotiv. "Leit" comes from "leiten" in German which I believe translates to lead in English. So overall the idea of recurring themes is to lead listeners or remind listeners that a character is going to make an appearance.

Kommentar

Yes, that is correctly translated. Just on a sidenote: "Leitmotiv" is actually the full german term which has been taken over to english without translation, just like a couple of other german words, e.g. "Kindergarten".
                    Still today, you refer to leading themes as "Leitmotiv". Both visually and in music.
                    "Screams of a billion murdered stars give lie to the night's peace, while we cling in desperation to the few fragile spinning stones we call worlds"

Kommentar

well I think there's a proverb (not shure: German: "Redensart") which says: "Don't explain yourselve, your friends won't need it, your enemys won't belive you anyway."
                      But in this case I got the feeling, I got to repeat what I have written:
                      "... but I think, that's what you (DeltaRomeo) wanted."
                      I knew, that it was DeltaRomeos intention to have the Leitmotiv in there (but thanks for the detailed explanation ) and I said, I liked it
                      Leben ist Jazz.
                      Jazz ist Leben.
                      Improvisation ist die einzige Möglichkeit, klarzukommen.

Kommentar

New Tracks!

Transcendence (Mystery)
                        Beka searches for the Engine of Creation
                        Transcendence

Path to Eternal Damnation (Tragic)
                        Beka finds the Engine of Creation and attempts to recreate that was lost before.
                        Path to Eternal Damnation

Captain Valentine (Rock Orchestra)
                        Andromeda Coda's "Beka Theme"
                        Captain Valentine

Kommentar

Ohmy...actually the first track I don't like at all from Coda (Captain Valentine) ^^
                          I don't know...sounds pretty chaotic and playful, kinda cheesy. I don't think it fits with the mood and atmosphere around the Eureka Maru that has been created in the show. You always had these strangely distorted electronic guitars playing very subtle themes, creating a technoid but also kinda dark atmosphere.
                          I can't really find anything in this new track that I would associate with Beka - more like a comedic version of herself while under the influence of Flash

Kommentar

Zitat von Darth.Hunter Beitrag anzeigen
                            Ohmy...actually the first track I don't like at all from Coda (Captain Valentine) ^^
                            I don't know...sounds pretty chaotic and playful, kinda cheesy. I don't think it fits with the mood and atmosphere around the Eureka Maru that has been created in the show. You always had these strangely distorted electronic guitars playing very subtle themes, creating a technoid but also kinda dark atmosphere.
                            I can't really find anything in this new track that I would associate with Beka - more like a comedic version of herself while under the influence of Flash
                            Not necessarily.. I think if it was played slower and deeper it would fit in quite good.

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
                            Metal is what we love.

Kommentar

Not necessarily.. I think if it was played slower and deeper it would fit in quite good.
                              Ok i made the track more masculine. Maybe perhaps too masculine that takes away the feminine quality from Beka.

Zuletzt geändert von DeltaRomeo; 30.09.2008, 02:14. Grund: Antwort auf eigenen Beitrag innerhalb von 24 Stunden!

Kommentar

Yeah that's pretty much it. Great job, sounds very cool.

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
                                Metal is what we love.

Kommentar

Lädt...
                                X