Bass Drum

Taiko Drums
    Chinese Tams Tams/Gongs
    Anvils
    Chorus
    wheeeww...

David
    http://www.myspace.com/davidfangmusic

Pure awesomeness...can't find any other way to describe it. Hey, you should've written the original score for Andromeda ^^
    Have you seen my force lance? Star Wars: The New Era | Scifi-Space.net
    "Screams of a billion murdered stars give lie to the night's peace, while we cling in desperation to the few fragile spinning stones we call worlds"
    Wayfinder First Order Hasturi aka "The Mad Perseid" 217 AFC

Kommentar

It's incredible and really impressive. Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised to listen to an official movie soundtrack composed by you someday. Keep it up this is great!

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
      Metal is what we love.

Kommentar

Pure awesomeness...can't find any other way to describe it. Hey, you should've written the original score for Andromeda ^^
        Well I'm 8 years late and I'm not that well connected or networked. Back then I was in High School. If I did, an Andromeda score composed by David Fang will probably be smothered by Joel Goldsmith's EWQL score Stargate SG-1. But I'll try my best to provide professional results. Btw, I just scrapped the rescored (test) version of Novus Tempus AGAIN. Given the experience I have with this piece, I'll try to apply the same experience with Novus Tempus.

It's incredible and really impressive. Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised to listen to an official movie soundtrack composed by you someday. Keep it up this is great!
        Thanks for your support. Someday I might compose an official movie soundtrack, but unfortunately the full Orchestra is playing a less important role in movie soundtracks these days and I really don't know if my style really catches on or adapt to that change. You start hearing more pop music in Movie soundtracks (Iron Man,Transformers, Spider Man, The Matrix Reloaded), which I find irritating. But on the other hand, ever since Video Games starting to have longer and complex storylines than Hollywood movies, the Soundtracks genre are playing an increasingly important role again.

In my opinion, there are a lot of game soundtracks out there that sound a lot better than movie soundtracks produced today no matter if they are digitally produced or performed by a real orchestra. That's just my opinion.
        Zuletzt geändert von DeltaRomeo; 08.07.2008, 18:06.

Kommentar

Hi,

I posted up another song. This instead of making action/heroic tracks, I've decided to create a tragic piece to offset the bombast of "Battle Blades Extended." Like the other tracks however, each minute and second has a story.

Track Name: Rommie's Departure
          Stream
          Rommie's Departure

If I recall from RHW's original storyline or plans for the show, Rommie has serious identity issues therefore left the crew and her captain.

In this particular piece, heres what being depicted:
          0:01-1:39
          The Song begins with the recurring "Rommie, the Angel of Death" theme from Andromeda 2008. Rommie becomes emotional after being shut out from the core AI. Her human feelings have threatened the safety of the crew.
          1:40-1:56
          "The Captain and his ship" theme plays again indicating the relationship between Dylan and Rommie is in jeopardy.
          1:59-2:35
          After losing control of the ship and shut out from the core AI, Rommie feels her existence and purpose is useless on the ship and decides to leave Andromeda.
          2:37-End
          Feeling both betrayed and hurt, Dylan refuses to bid Rommie Farewell. The Recurring "Dylan Hunt theme" plays towards the end indicates Dylan's loss.

I'm trying to figure how to make a music video out of this.

Kommentar

Uhhhh goosebumps
            Very sad indeed, nice variations of different themes as well. Particularly the "Andromeda Invictus" theme at the end, really a beautiful variation of the original that fits the mood totally.

However, I see one thing that could possibly be improved. Around the middle, the strings are playing staccato. I think that doesn't fit the mood too well, sounds a little too choppy. For a sad melody like this, I feel that a more fluent way of playing sounds better, it would emphasize the depressed mood more.
            "Screams of a billion murdered stars give lie to the night's peace, while we cling in desperation to the few fragile spinning stones we call worlds"

Kommentar

However, I see one thing that could possibly be improved. Around the middle, the strings are playing staccato. I think that doesn't fit the mood too well, sounds a little too choppy. For a sad melody like this, I feel that a more fluent way of playing sounds better, it would emphasize the depressed mood more.
              Are you talking about the accented strings at 1:40?

That I can do very quickly. I can just change the articulation settings.

Kommentar

No, I mean more towards 2:20 - 2:35. Might just be that you want to express something specific with how the instruments are accented, but a more fluent, softer version of that part would fit the mood better, imho. Not much of a change, just a little bit.

Besides, after listening to the track a second time, I noticed something that really gave me goosebumps (this time, I could listen to it in my four point system with subwoofer).
                At 2:35 - 2:40, you are playing something that begins exactly like the theme that plays in Trance's key moments. For example, the zoom into her eye revealing the galaxies (Pitiless as the Sun). That melody already struck me so much when I watched that scene that it burnt itself into my mind.

It's almost a pity that you didn't quote that little piece a little more. It has such an epic and at the same time sad effect on me...don't know how the others see that

Kommentar

Lädt...
                X